Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

got some 'new' wheels on the ol' gal

Old January 29th, 2016, 11:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got some 'new' wheels on the ol' gal

got a good deal on some silverado wheels and tires and did a bit of work on them today. they are also 16s just like the stockers, just 245 instead of 235s that were on there before.
they were sort of pitting on clear coat and i used a wire brush to get them spotless and hit them with some rustolium hammer gunmetal gray.
i wanted a bit texture so this worked out great.
also a neat trick is to put index cards in-between tires and wheels, leaves a perfect line and protects the tires, and as soon as you're done painting you can pull them out, simple and quick.
i also masked off middle of the center caps and painted them as well. center caps actually split so the black 'lugnuts' stayed black for contrast.
i also did the bowtie in the same color to tie things in some more...

take a look and let me know what you guys think. ride is basically the same, just the looks.

Old January 30th, 2016, 11:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might have to use those tricks on my wife's impala. her wheels are staring to look pretty bad. I painted the wheels on my van with black bedliner material and it serves it's purpose.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 2:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. I really want to do lower panels of the van black to tie it in to the bumpers

Search this Thread