Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

GPS replacement for stock stereo

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2014, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS replacement for stock stereo

For 2012 Chevy Express cargo van... Anyone replaced their factory stereo head unit with an LCD unit with GPS? Would really like something with GPS navigation, bluetooth connection to phone for hands-free calling, connection to rear camera.

Last edited by erockaustin; February 10th, 2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old February 11th, 2014, 9:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced mine with a Pioneer unit. The wiring harness was complex. The warning chimes are done by the original radio so a chime module is included in the wiring harness so there are a bunch of wiring connections to make in the adapter harness. The dash face disconnects easily but is hard to remove. However, You can get the radio out without completely removing the dash panel. If you want the reverse camera you will need to find a source for that signal. Since you will be running a camera cable from the rear you might as well pick up the signal from the backup light.
While I had everything opened up I put in an electric window kit too. Of course I fired up everything as they were installed so I wouldn't have to tear it back apart if something didn't work. Unforunately this may have triggered an air bag fault so now I have that light on and haven't had a chance to get the code checked and reset (my local chevy service department is predatory!).