Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Hood Paint Peeling 07' cargo

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2015, 5:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2010 did it too....also on the sides and one of the doors. GM just painted it.
The following users liked this post:
Jeanie Glass (April 4th, 2021)
Old February 13th, 2015, 10:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See my thread, and go to my profile albums. My pictures are similar. GM just painted mine. https://chevroletforum.com/forum/exp...ing-off-69815/
Old February 21st, 2015, 12:43 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ever since reading this thread I am noticing GM white vans with flaked paint all over town. I have a feeling this will happen to mine down the road. I hope not, but I sadly am expecting it.
Old February 21st, 2015, 4:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know. It seems that GM has a separate factory where all the white cargo vans and fleet vehicles are made.......
Old February 22nd, 2015, 9:00 AM
CF Pro Member

lol - I bought the van and the salesmen took it to do the last once over, clean it, etc. Now I just realize I have to accept this, they've never let me take it as is and wash it myself. Then I get the van home and within a day I realize the outer fibre glass panel on the left cargo door was never installed properly and it rubs chipping the paint. The right cargo door never closes unless slammed.

The whole attitude with cargo vans must be uncaring right from management to worker. The fibreglass panel was a two minute fix, and I just need to find a torx socket to adjust the catch for the right door.

Of course the salesman just says, bring it in and we'll fix that for you, no problem! Well, it is a problem to take it out of service buddy. You should have caught that before it went in my hands. But then, I should have too.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Keeping it about paint and paint only.

Originally Posted by dberladyn
lol - I bought the van and the salesmen took it to do the last once over, clean it, etc. Now I just realize I have to accept this, they've never let me take it as is and wash it myself. Then I get the van home and within a day I realize the outer fibre glass panel on the left cargo door was never installed properly and it rubs chipping the paint. The right cargo door never closes unless slammed.

The whole attitude with cargo vans must be uncaring right from management to worker. The fibreglass panel was a two minute fix, and I just need to find a torx socket to adjust the catch for the right door.

Of course the salesman just says, bring it in and we'll fix that for you, no problem! Well, it is a problem to take it out of service buddy. You should have caught that before it went in my hands. But then, I should have too.
I'm looking for a class action lawsuit about the crappy paint jobs, that Chevy has sold us. I would like to prove that Chevy knew about this issue and kept quite. As you drive around the city, pay attention and you will see Chevy van after chevy van with peeling paint. If you can communicate with the owners, direct them to this site.
Old March 1st, 2015, 11:19 AM
CF Pro Member

I opened my hood to orientate myself and become familiar with the van yesterday. Right smack dead center of the hood there is a rock chip which went through both the paint and the primer. I sure hope this isn't the beginning of the problem discussed. I will watch this area.
Old March 1st, 2015, 12:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fear not on the rock chip. That won't start a delamination. Just touch it up.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 3:46 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by holmejr
I'm looking for a class action lawsuit about the crappy paint jobs, that Chevy has sold us. I would like to prove that Chevy knew about this issue and kept quite. As you drive around the city, pay attention and you will see Chevy van after chevy van with peeling paint. If you can communicate with the owners, direct them to this site.
I see them all the time... the problem is they are usually service vans and no one gives a ****. I'll take pictures of mine and post them up for all to see. The entire top below the rain gutter has peeled off.. along with the top of the driver door frame..

I think I may rattle some cages at GM. I had my peeling paint documented at a dealer in December 2011 or 2012. Its much worse now.

Old March 31st, 2015, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default Peeling Paint on Hood of Chevy Van 1500 Express

Wow! CF Beginner who posted awhile ago had the exact same problem. In fact the picture of his van looks identical to mine, They said the cause was the Florida sun, then later they said it was because of the little rocks that bounce onto the hood and make little holes and then that causes the peeling. Then why wouldn't all the other cars in Florida have the same problem?
Attached Thumbnails Hood Paint Peeling 07' cargo-hood-van.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Jeanie Glass (April 4th, 2021)

Quick Reply: Hood Paint Peeling 07' cargo