Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Hood Paint Peeling 07' cargo

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2015, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdunn
800-222-1020
They also want to charge for the dealer to look at the problem. $85-100. I am going to take one of my three vans in to see what they say. Thanks for the advice.
Did you get any feed back, these company vans look like crap on the road. Very bad for advertising your company drives ****ty vans.
Old May 30th, 2015, 1:10 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same peeling issue with my passenger 2010, 3500 Express van. Story and photos on my similar thread. GM painted mine.

I had a ton of photos too. One of the major phone companies here uses Express vans. A good many of them are peeling. I used to see service vans in Home Depot every time I went. They have a major problem whether they admit it or not. I am due a new van. I have a life long list of GM products. But this paint issue has me thinking other than GM. I don't want to go through this fight and hassle again. Not when these babies cost $40K+

Last edited by goyakpacking; May 30th, 2015 at 1:14 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Paint Peeling

Video showing the paint peeling off my van.
This is clearly a manufacturing issue not a warranty issue.
Attached Files
Old February 22nd, 2016, 11:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow. What year and colour? Looks like the light grey. Mostly its always white.
Old June 29th, 2016, 7:40 PM
CF Beginner

I am missing over 25% of the paint on my 2006 Chevy Express van. Started small in 2008 and got worse. Last 6 months has escalated and now losing huge SHEETS of [aint. Have been quoted 3000-4000 to repaint properly. Help!
Old July 1st, 2016, 5:44 PM
CF Junior Member

When you want to start a class action contact me. Same issue on a 2010.

Last edited by goyakpacking; July 15th, 2016 at 1:32 PM. Reason: Added photos
Old July 2nd, 2016, 9:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default paint off 1/3 of my van!

my e-mail is Bonnie1946@aol.com facebook page is Bonnie Handelman West have estimates of 300-4-- to repaint my 2006 My question to GM is how many other of your vehicles on the road are losing paint at this rate? Answer : NONE! Its the vans!
Old July 3rd, 2016, 4:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonnie Handelman West
my e-mail is Bonnie1946@aol.com facebook page is Bonnie Handelman West have estimates of 300-4-- to repaint my 2006 My question to GM is how many other of your vehicles on the road are losing paint at this rate? Answer : NONE! Its the vans!
Bonnie... Its going to cost more than $3-4K. They have to strip the paint down to the metal and use a different primer. Its the ePrimer that's the problem - the grey primer underneath the white. What's happening is the white paint delaminates from the ePrimer and creates a bubble under the paint.. Then slowly peels away. It also can start from a small chip that appears in the paint for no apparent reason. Like the rear doors that don't get pelted from road debris.. so if GM is saying its from rock chips they are full of crap.

I have a new chip in my rear driver side door now and I'm noticing the paint starting to delaminate around the edge of the small chip. When moisture or rain gets between the ePrimer and the paint it accelerates the peeling. Mine is rusting bad on the top now... that will need to be treated to stop the rust. I only have 28K miles on mine - other than the paint its in perfect condition.

I wish we could find an attorney that's willing to take on GM over this... I want to get my van repainted but I've already been told it will cost around $10K to strip, prime and spray with a quality two-stage paint. One of the reasons the cost is so high is due to the size of these vans.. There's a lot of surface area that needs to be stripped, sanded, primered and then sprayed with a color and clear coat.

Plus.. they'll need to use some sort of scaffolding so they can sand the roof... this is not an easy job. They can't climb or walk on the roof because it will leave dents all over the top..

This is a total mess GM made out of these vans and they are getting away with it...

Last edited by C6DNA; July 3rd, 2016 at 5:25 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2016, 11:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Yes....check out my post on a 2010
Old August 28th, 2016, 9:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I got lucky on mine,in 2015 bought beat up, rusty 2004 express 3500 from dealer in Detroit for 1200$, vehicle been driven up the north since 2004, moved to Florida, where rusty parts went from bad to even worse every week )))
The whole van was single stage painted, I did a lot of bodywork myself, but paid 850$ plus 4 years warranty on paint job ))))))))))))
Roof`s got lizardskin undercoating same with all underbody plus rocker panels, they can be easy fixed any time, hood`s got protective sticker, so no peelig for next 10 years )))))))))))))
All overall perfect condition now, looks like new.

Last edited by bjbranyo; August 28th, 2016 at 9:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Hood Paint Peeling 07' cargo