Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

How to disable automatic door locks. 2010 Express Cargo Van.

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2016, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to disable automatic door locks. 2010 Express Cargo Van.

I have a 2010 Express Cargo Van. The door locks self activate as you drive. They keep rapidly try to lock their selves. The interior light flickers at same time. A mechanic told me to try to disable auto door locks. Any one have any thoughts on what I can check for door self activating issue? Or how to dis able auto door locks? Thank you very much. Mike
Old October 19th, 2016, 9:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Could that be tied to a faulty sensor or switch. Like the park neutral switch. Have you checked for codes....?
Old October 19th, 2016, 9:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello canucklehead, I have no ideal how to do codes. Also how do I check the sensor, or switch? Thank you. Mike
Old October 20th, 2016, 9:39 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

On my 2014, that is easy changed in the DIC options. Just play with the four vertical buttons to the Left of the Steering Wheel. You can change many options there, including the behaviour of the door locks.

PS. They are probably cycling because one isn't properly locking or failing to make a contact so that the Body Control Module (the computer) knows they are locked.