Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

intro to my van and a question

Old December 29th, 2007, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intro to my van and a question

Hi guys I am new to this forum and as a matter of fact just posted in the "Member Introductions" thread but I figured that I would Introduce you to my van, first I need to tell you that I work for my fathers company and use this van in the coarse of my job which is why I have the company name on the side (plus it means he pays for my gas, insurance and a $400/mo vehicle allowance to have it on there) well this is what I started with:

Name:  expressstock.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  31.8 KB

you cant tell it in this pic but the front bumper is mangled a lil.

Well I broke a taillight so I ordered some altezza-style lights to replace them with and then I couldn't stop. So far I have added:
*Altezza Style Taillights
*H4 Headlight conversion
*4% tint all the way around
*polished aluminum Wheels from an 02 Sierra
*reverse Camera
*Pioneer headunit
*Class V hitch
*blacked out front parking lights
*custom made "3500HD" emblems
*new stock front bumper
*new Express Export-only rear bumper with rear fog lights
*AVS Bugshield and Ventvisors
and here is how she looks now (pic taken before I installed new front bumper):

Name:  xmas149.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  49.3 KB

Name:  xmas151.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  xmas152.jpg
Views: 1592
Size:  79.6 KB

now for the question: The whole reason for the Export rear bumper was that I was rearended and only my bumper was damaged I saw this one on ebay and it was about the same price new as a used stock one here and I thought what the heck I like to be different. all it says on the parts sticker is "part # 15906945 " and "Assembly-Export only" but does anyone know what country these would have been exportred to? I know the UK requires rear fog lamps but I cannot find any info on the Express being exported there as a matter of fact I cannot find a picture of a van with this bumper on the web anywhere.
Old December 29th, 2007, 2:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: intro to my van and a question

if it will help anyone identify what market theis bumper was intended for here is a closer shot:
Name:  xmas153.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  67.2 KB
Old January 1st, 2008, 8:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Very nice. I especially like the license plates. The black out front blinkers lights is a nice touch.

Yes, I don't think the Express is being sold elsewhere in the world so you bumper is very unique. Did you wire it to have rear fog or brake lights? Are the two middle lights just reflector?
Old January 1st, 2008, 8:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Oh, do you know if the part number is a GM part number?
Old January 2nd, 2008, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Yes I am asuming since the part number is on the GM sticker on the bumper that it is the Gm part number. I can find where the Savana was sold in the middle east but cannot find a rear picture of one on the internet only a front shot on www.gmarabia.comI also do not know if rear fog lights are required over there. I did notice that on my new underhood fuse box cover (original broke) the legend has a fuse and relay for rear fog lights so I know gm offered them somewhere. I just wired the rear foglights into my parking lights so they are always on but I might change that and wire them so that they are brake/turn signals instead b/c they are so bright. The level of light that european rear fog lights has to legally put out is the same leval as US brake lights. Yes the middle lights are just reflectors.
Old January 17th, 2008, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: tonkatracker.....Hi,mine name is Joe,and i just registered to this forum to answere yours??????about the bumper.My truck have the same rear bumper,as yours..2002 Starcraft Gt milenium.!!......joee

if it will help anyone identify what market theis bumper was intended for here is a closer shot:
Old January 20th, 2008, 6:49 AM
CF Beginner

Here is the picture. It is just special Starcraft cover over your original bumper.

Joe

[IMG]local://upfiles/15173/07898A295CD04F0EAEF7655F2C2AE6BB.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 25th, 2008, 5:52 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: sierraZ71starcraftGT

Here is the picture. It is just special Starcraft cover over your original bumper.

Joe

[IMG]local://upfiles/15173/07898A295CD04F0EAEF7655F2C2AE6BB.jpg[/IMG]
well atleast now I know I am not the only person with it (this is the only other picture that I have seen of this bumper on the web. Did you buy your van new? If not do you know where it was sold new-this should tell us about where it was marketed for.

Also I was able to purchase a new headlight switch with the integrated foglight switch from my local chevrolet dealership I plan on wiring up my front fog lamps to this switch along with the rear so it looks completly stock:

Name:  3500hd016.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  60.0 KB
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tonkatracker
well atleast now I know I am not the only person with it (this is the only other picture that I have seen of this bumper on the web. Did you buy your van new? If not do you know where it was sold new-this should tell us about where it was marketed for.

Also I was able to purchase a new headlight switch with the integrated foglight switch from my local chevrolet dealership I plan on wiring up my front fog lamps to this switch along with the rear so it looks completly stock:

Sorry to drag this thread up from 4 years ago but I wanted to know if there is a part number for this headlight switch?

Thanks!