Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Key fob problem

Old October 7th, 2016, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key fob problem

I hope someone can tell me how to program my remote key fobs. I have a 2013 Chevy 1500 Express Explorer Conversion van with Driver Information Center. The remote key fobs do not work. They are 5-button fobs with "remote start, lock, unlock, rear cargo door lock/unlock, and panic" buttons. Can someone please tell me how to program these remote fobs? I had one that was working, but in attempting to program a second one, I accidentally "unprogrammed" the good one. If you can tell me how to program the fobs for this van without having a working fob, I will be grateful! Thanks!

Last edited by Reacher; October 7th, 2016 at 6:00 PM.
Old October 8th, 2016, 1:20 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Needs to be done at the dealer. Not sure how you erased the good one? Was it a genuine gm one or one off ebay? Aftermarket ones can lose their memory/programming.....
Old October 8th, 2016, 2:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure if its the same as my 2001...but i jumped a couple of pins on the OBD2 port and held down the key fob buttons to register it.

theres some instruction on google and youtube that you can do yourself easily
Old October 8th, 2016, 12:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am pretty sure that all those tricks for fobs and programming TPMS dont work on the newer vans.....but I could be wrong. I just bought a new factory fob for my 2013 and had to goo to the dealer for programming....

Also, on my 2002, my factory one broke, and I did not have a spare.....it was going to cost me about 200 bucks parts and labour for a new fob and programming at the dealer, so instead, I had a new alarm system installed for 300. That way I got 2 new fobs, and security that I did not have before......

Search this Thread