Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Express rear air project scheduled

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Express rear air project scheduled

Hello.....I just joined your forum this morning........which coinsided with me getting ready to undertake a project of repairing my rear a/c unit in my 1500 Conversion Van. I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in me taking a series of pictures of the progress of the teardown and hopefully ultimate repair. If I hear from enough of you.......I'll do it. Hopefully one of you will tell me how to post all the pics b/c I've never done this before.
Old September 10th, 2012, 3:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably have the job done already. But I wouldn't mind seeing some pics. I have an 85 G20 that I need to replace rear AC lines and heat lines. Wouldn't mind knowing a ball park price on AC line replacement also.
Old September 11th, 2012, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default Rear ac pictures

David.....yes the work is all completed but I did manage to take quite a few pictures....too many to post here. Let me know your email and I will try to send them to you that way. jemco@localnet.com.
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:46 PM
CF Active Member

I think if you picked the more relevant ones and posted a "how-to" quite a few would be interested. If nothing else, it might help someone in the future.

Brew
Old September 12th, 2012, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

I'm afraid I dont know how to publish the 'How to......" with regard to inserting comments after or under each pic. Can anyone more proficient let me know how to do that ?
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:13 AM
CF Active Member

Normally you have to upload the pictures to a free picture hosting site first, like photobucket. Then you just write the post as you normally would, inserting the images in to the post.

I think you can also upload the pictures right here as an attachment, and not worry about another picture hosting site. But typically the pictures have to be pretty small to do it this way.

Example,

So, in this pic, I did xxxx

(link to first picture that is on photobucket)

This is what I did next to the van,

(link to second picture on photobucket)

and so on.

It is up to you if you want to do it, it is always good for everyone to have some info on how to do things. Many times I am looking for how to do something, whether it is working on the house, or lawn mower, or vehicles, or what ever, and I come across where someone has posted a nice how-to on the web on a random forum and it saves my butt.
Old September 13th, 2012, 4:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jerryr, I wouldn't mind just seeing some of the photos from the rear unit. My lines are quite visible under the vehicle from the front. I have opened a bit of the back and found the heat lines, but haven't removed enough to find the connections to the AC.

I guess my concerns are the cost of replacing AC lines for that distance. Don't know that much about AC. I replace my engine and found at the time that my AC lines were in such bad shape that I have left them disconnected. The AC wasn't working when I purchased the Van last March.
Old September 13th, 2012, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

Ok...I just took Photobucket 101. Let me try your suggestion here. Here goes.......

Here is my 1999 Chev Express 1500 Conversion Van....built by Gladiator/Glaval. It is equipped with a REAR A/C unit built into the left rear quarter trim panel. THE PROBLEM: Rear A/C is not cooling. Front A/C cools with 40 degree output temp air. THE DIAGNOSIS: Since there are no leaks in the system.....and the input compressor line to the rear unit is warm to the touch and the output of the Expansion Valve is also warm......the Expansion Valve is defective. ( Exp valve output into the Evaporator should always be icy cold.)

1999 CHEV EXPRESS 1500 CONVERSION VAN 1 picture by jemco01 - Photobucket
Old September 13th, 2012, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

I didnt think that would work. I can post pics just fine here....but how can I go back in and add the comments in between the pics ? I cant figure out how to do that.
Old September 13th, 2012, 8:38 PM
CF Active Member

You need to copy and past the IMG code from the photobucket page. On the photobucket page there is a few different options like, "email & im",
"direct link" etc. Just click on the link that says "IMG Code" it will automatically save it to your clipboard. Then come back here and paste it in to your post. Like this,

Name:  9740043a.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  118.9 KB

On the next pic, fill out what you want to say, then post the IMG Code link for the next picture,

do the same for the next pic,

and so on.

Nice looking van BTW.