Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

More than 2 passengers, and Softer Ride

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2012, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More than 2 passengers, and Softer Ride

Well since this 2002 Express 3500 is only a 2 passenger vehicle has anyone devised a way to add a removable bench seat for more passengers ? If so that would be interesting to hear about. Seems the best would be a quick release type so floor mounts would have to be added somehow.

Also I am researching a way to soften the ride, I would assume the most effective way is through shocks. Monroe? , Edelbrock ? AC Delco? With/without spring? Air or Gas or what is best ?

Just trying to find someone whom may have had success with softening the ride and possibly adding a bench seat.

Have a great day !!!
Old June 10th, 2012, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to make the ride softer, at least for the rear you can remove one of the leaf springs. be careful on which shocks you go with because they can make your ride really harsh if you get the wrong ones. you might want to check if 1500 and 3500 shocks are interchangeable

if you want to go really soft you can redo the whole entire suspension and put an air ride system if you can find one. other than that there isn't much you can do, that van is designed to tow a lot of weight. and the more weight on the rear the softer with adding seats my neighbor just drilled holes through the floor of his truck and bolted new ones in. just make sure you use a really strong grade 8 bolt.and some silicone to prevent water from coming in. also i would check the leagalities of it adding seats.