Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

my budget motovan so far

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2016, 1:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my budget motovan so far

just wanted to document some stuff done to my van, and share along the way

basically I got tired of cleaning bikes all the time after hauling, so decided best option would be to get a van
picked up this 07 plain jane cargo work van and started on it
ive had it about a month so far
this is what i did with it:

-installed a bulkhead dividing rear from front, keeps the cab nice and warm in winter, and should be cooler in summer since its not trying to warm up the whole damn thing hehe
-indash double din dvd/bluetooth/cd/mp3 etc player
-all LED lights inside the cargo area
-motorcycle wheel chock and ramp holder on the left
-bedliner lower part of the rockers and sides
-silverado wheels and tires, refinished in gunmetal hammered color
-swapped front end (grille/lights/wiring harness) to new style and put HIDs in them
-silverado leather steering wheels
-1500 badges

so far im loving it, it gets me on average 18mpg which is pretty decent, try to keep it 65-70 either empty or one bike back there so far

here are some pics
this is when i got it, got it from a mercedes tuning shop, they did the brakes, full tuneup, and new windshield, pretty good start. and they painted the wheels black too haha, made it easy to sell once i upgraded

took it snowboarding, with bike in the back, i think we were the only ones in there w a bike (i have the rear windows plastidipped black, look like a tint from outside so cant tell whats in there). i dipped the white part of the grille and blacked out the star for the time being from boredom basically

this is the wheel refurb, came out pretty nice and was fairly easy to do, just a bit time consuming. did the front bowtie same color as well

here is the van with rockers painted with bedliner, sporting new wheels/tires and 1500 badges (sold the originals for more than i have in these, so super happy)

did the front end swap (got grille in great shape, along with headlights and wiring loom and turn signals for $20, basically a bolt on procedure, with some cutting needed for new lights to go on)

and interior:
thinking of installing a rear view camera as well, already got radio that has the option, so might as well

and some bike action:
Old February 24th, 2016, 8:49 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey nice job on the van. I have a 08 (white) with the composite lights, what model is that, an LS? Also have the chrome bumpers, maybe that's your next upgrade? What are you doing with all those sport bikes? Are you a road racer? We raced at Nelson Ledges in Ohio for several years, take care...
Old February 25th, 2016, 12:03 AM
CF Veteran

Nice work. I love the new front grille. What an ugly turd the base grille is. Gm should be ashamed.
You need to get some plywood, or even some carpet on the inside walls. You don't want any dents poking out the sides from inside.
Oh, and Go on Man United.......lol.
Old March 1st, 2016, 4:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Installed rigid industries fogs and hids in headlights as well as a bug shield
Love the look of hidden fogs
Old March 1st, 2016, 5:08 PM
CF Veteran

I'm doing those fog lights too.....lol. Nice.
Old March 1st, 2016, 5:09 PM
CF Junior Member

They are unbelieveably brightttt
Old March 1st, 2016, 5:16 PM
CF Veteran

I'm keeping my factory head unit as its the top line one just below the nav. Has usb control etc. just have to upgrade speakers and add sub.
Do you think that a shiny chrome type paint would work in factory rims?
Old March 1st, 2016, 6:15 PM
CF Junior Member

I tried that paint on few diff things and its shyte lol

Just get wheel skins then, its chrome wheel cover that goes over factory wheels, made to fit that wheel style only not universal
Old March 2nd, 2016, 9:29 AM
CF Active Member

Nice job you did on the van!
Old March 2nd, 2016, 4:02 PM
CF Junior Member

and a silverado leather wrapped steering wheel. feels really nice and much more comfortable than the foam stock one.
dirrect swap for our vans, id like to somehow get these buttons to work w my aftermarket radio, but not really a priority now