Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

New Member.. Need seating advise

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2013, 7:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member.. Need seating advise

I have a 2006 Chevy Express 2500 155"Ext cargo van. I'm looking to add a third seat for an extra person. Was wondering if anyone knew a way to install an extra seat. I've seen people talk about a jump seat or console/third seat combo but don't know where to get one. Or maybe I could just get a seat out of another vehicle and install it behind the passenger seat. I install carpet and vinyl flooring and would like to leave the middle section open to haul 12 ft carpet and shut back doors. If that is not possible, maybe a jump seat that I can take out easily when not needed. Hoping to have seatbelts already attached to seat. Would be grateful for any information.
Thanks,
Steve
Old November 9th, 2013, 1:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a buddy that installed a small removable bench in his behind the driver's seat. Overall he isn't real happy with it due to the loss of storage space. He wishes he would have gone with a jump seat in between the two front seats. here is one place to get them,

Van Jump Seats, Aftermarket Custom Seating Center seat

Check out ebay and craigslist too

But you will also have to figure out mounting and seat belts. Especially if it will be for young ones.
Old November 9th, 2013, 3:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am an installer too. I bought the bucket rear seats out of an old chevy van and changed the seatbelt holder to fit the belt in my van. However I have a passenger van so my factoy belts were there. You will have to raid an express passenger for the rear seat belts for the second row bench seat. Then you can bolt in a couple of buckets. The seat belt female that bolts to the seat is the same in the chev asto as well if you need to broaden that search.
The factory rails to install the removable bench seats in the express are useless as you need buckets for the carpet.
You could also look for starcraft and other types of conversion vans for used buckets.
Old November 10th, 2013, 12:48 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Canucklehead, since you mentioned starcraft, would you have a contact for them? I am looking at some starcraft captains chairs for my van on our local craigslist, but I would need to find their quick release bases since the seats are missing the bases and I haven't had any luck finding any contact info.
Old November 10th, 2013, 5:49 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for all the information! I like the fold up jump seat idea. I could put it directly behind the passenger seat, facing back to back, and would only lose minimal room and wouldn't have to remove it when not needed. If I could find a quick release bucket seat that would be great also. Heading to junk yard today and look around. I will post what I find or decide on.
Thanks for responding so quickly and with useful advice.

Thanks,
Steve
Old December 2nd, 2013, 6:44 PM
CF Beginner

we have a 2000 express and do the same thing carpet and vinyl and wanted the extra seat but be able to take out if need be. we had a place that did van customing and I think it was like $300 or so to put a new seat in that you could take out . although we never take it out and we put it behind the driver seat because if you have stock in you can still shut one door or if it's a lot behind the passenger seat leave door open. I think the way you will do it you will still have to have both doors open. anyway it has worked out good for us we also have built a bench seat ontop of a box behind the driver seat.