Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

New power heated mirrors on the way....

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2016, 12:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New power heated mirrors on the way....

Hi all.

I ordered a pair of aftermarket oem replacement power heated side door mirrors for my 2013 Savana passenger. My van has almost every option except that one.....silly I know.

When I did the new stereo install and I had the door panels off, I noticed that all the wiring is already there. I am hoping that I just need to plug them in, and add the factory control switch.

Have any of you gone through this scenario?

I am hoping that there is no computer nonsense in the way, after all, its just power to the switch and then the switch does the rest, and the heater circuit is part of the rear defrost circuit, which my van already has.

Thanks for any insight.....
Old September 11th, 2016, 8:21 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope can't help, but am interested in seeing how it all works out. my mirrors get a ton of snow and ice on them in the winter in my driveway.
Old September 15th, 2016, 12:01 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've done it. My van is the same as yours except I did NOT have the harness running across the floor from door to to door. I have actually have a spare one, but I might be @#$%'ed trying to giving you the exact factory wires now. It's a simple install, pulls the seats, pull the flooring, add three or four wires to the existing harness. Perhaps in your case it will be one wire, but then if you already have power mirrors, etc., your wires are already likely installed in the body too.
Old September 15th, 2016, 6:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My van has power windows and locks. The plug for the power mirror is right there at the top right of the door under the panel, and there is another wire that looks like it would go right to the switch......

There is no way to know if it is plug and play until I try it I guess.....
Old September 16th, 2016, 6:50 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I absolutely hate this new layout of forum.

Yes, there is a way. Pull the Kicker off the either the left or the right footwell. You will see the large door connectors there, I forget the exact park numbers x500 and x600? Anyways, you will be able to see every wire at the door harness there. You can trace each one through the body. If the (brown?) wire is there from the door and it's there on the body, you are fully wired. If you have power mirrors already I am sure you are fully wired. It's cheaper for them to just have one, two or three harnesses instead of a completely unique harness for each individual van. By the way, the heating wire may not be brown, maybe it was orange, I don't remember at the moment.