Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Power windows electric problem

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2015, 9:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Power windows electric problem

Power windows inop, both sides. This is a 2002 Chevy Express Van 3500 chassis used by forestriver on their Sundancer class c motorhome (2003 manuf year for MH)
Bought used 3 yrs ago, coach battery not holding charge. Come to find out, wiring wasn't correct - needed to have a charge coming from Van battery system to keep coach/house battery charged up during running. Fixed that problem - THOUGHT?! - now the elect windows won't work. Tried to find wiring diagrams online - good luck there. No luck. So I'm here because my husband & I have worked on this thing with all the jerry-rigged problems from previous owner(?) for almost a week now. The wires coming forward from the coach part go up through a chase tube (1 1/2") at the driver's door frame side up through the floor. Found lots of cut off wires, going to options we don't have (slide outs, elect steps, etc) but only picked up 12V off ignition circuit to feed back to the coach battery. Now the bleeping windows are dead as a post, trying to find the wires that feed that. A) What color wires go to the electric windows? B) Where are these wires coming from - usually? C) Hope they aren't in the dog house cause had no luck getting it pulled out without disassembling dash - btw is that normal on these vans? This is shot in dark but maybe someone can shed some lite on this problem.
Old June 5th, 2015, 12:24 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I know this is obvious, but you did check the fuse?

There are schematics online... I don't know about your exact year, but I have seen schematics. I'd help you out more but I am only here posting avoiding some paperwork and I am exhausted from not resting enough through the week. Hopefully no one cut the factory wires, I don't think you'd need to take the dog house off.

Do a search for GM Upfitter. You should find schematics published by GM for Coach companies, etc., to use for upfitting base GM vans.
Old June 5th, 2015, 7:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The elc window wires are in the harness in the door jamb. They would not likely be touched by an upfitter. Like above, check the fuse, and for power at the switch on the door.....There may be a relay as well on the drivers side fender under the hood.