Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Question with my van

Old June 24th, 2010, 10:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question with my van

I have a 2001 Chevy Express 3500 with the 5.7l v8 and am having some issues with it. The van has some shifting issues. When the van first starts and you take it for a drive, it seems to ride out the rpms higher than it should before shifting. The shifts feel fine, just high rpms. Once the van gets warmed up, the shifts become hard for the most part. I just dropped the trans pan and dumped out all the fluid i could and changed the trans filter, but everything looks pretty good. Still have same issue. After u finish a drive with the van, and you put the van into park, the rpms jump up to about 1300 and will just stay there. if you turn it off and then start it right back up, the rpms will be back down at about 800 where it should be. The van does have a service engine light on, and it is a "P1345 CKP/CMP Correlation". Any help would be greatly appreciated......and the van does have 408k on it.
Old June 25th, 2010, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

come on, post an answer, you know you want to. lol
Old June 26th, 2010, 3:49 PM
CF Beginner

ok i am told that the shifting issues i am having are cause of the p1345 code.....now, how do i fix this code problem??? I do also have a scan tool that i can read live data with...just dont know what i am looking for. I have read that it could be a issue with the dist being moved, what should the timing read out off the computer at?? mine at idle (800ish rpms) is at 16 degrees.