Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Radio Harness?

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2014, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Harness?

I have a 2010 Chevy Express 1500. I was thinking of replacing the radio with an aftermarket one.The van is a "Fleet" vehicle having no On Star no power windows no power door locks. You get the idea. I understand that I need a harness to do this but $150?? Seems ridiculous. I can find them all over the map as far as price on the internet so I'm a bit baffled on what to purchase. The kid a t BB seemed to know what hes talking about but do I really need to spend as much on the harness as the radio??
Old November 2nd, 2014, 11:28 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All you need is a din and a half size stereo, and then just tie into the wires from the plug off the back of the factory radio. All you need is power, switched power, ground and illumination from dash lights.....You can connect to the door speakers also and pull the panels and put in better speakers too.
Installation harnesses and kits are for the plug and play folks......
...don't forget the antenna adapters as I think the van has the smaller size male and most decks come with the larger size female....
Old November 2nd, 2014, 9:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe all the warning "bings" are generated by the factory radio and you may get body module error codes including the safety restraint system. The system I put in from Crutchfield included a "black box" that had to be wired in to the radio harness. I still have an air bag light because I powered up the ignition before the radio was fully installed. I put in power windows and tried them while the radio wasn't hooked up. I'd gladly hear from someone who really has the straight info on this.
Old November 4th, 2014, 9:36 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what i used in my '06, it might work in yours, but make sure to do the research first.

Amazon.com : Metra GMRC-01 Axxess Non-Amplified/Non-OnStar Interface Harness for Select 2000-2005 GM Vehicles : Vehicle Electronics Accessories : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Metra GMRC-01 Axxess Non-Amplified/Non-OnStar Interface Harness for Select 2000-2005 GM Vehicles : Vehicle Electronics Accessories : Car Electronics

I would go to Metraonline.com and see what they recommend. Normally there are a bunch of options, you just need to find the best/cheapest one for you.
Old November 9th, 2014, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought from Amazon, fit 100%