Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Remote start 2011 Express Van

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2015, 9:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start 2011 Express Van

My 2011 Express Van came with only one remote for keyless entry. So I'm checking out ebay to find me a spare remote. When I search for "keyless entry remote 2011 Express Van" it shows a lot of remotes that have a remote starter button on them as well. Does that mean this came stock on my Van and so when I buy a remote with that button I'll be able to remote start my Van?

And while I'm at it, does anybody know how to program a new remote?
Old January 27th, 2015, 1:46 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If your remote the van came with has the remote start button then you have that option, but if not then you need to buy the same remote you have. The dealer needs to program it. I would just buy one from the dealer. The aftermarket ones online are crappy, and sometimes forget their programming. Happened to us with my wife's hhr. Bought two remotes on ebay, and had to get them programmed twice....now I just use them as backup after buying one off the dealer.
Old January 30th, 2015, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

My Bulldog keyless entry cost about $65 and has been working great for about 5 years. Beware of forum generalizations.
Old January 31st, 2015, 6:52 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah but the bulldog keyless entry is a complete system. I'm just looking for a remote to operate the original powerlock system. And in the Netherlands we have no official Chevrolet dealers (not counting the deawoos) so I need to find out how to program it myself.
There's tons of info on youtube, but not on the Express Vans. 😕
Old January 31st, 2015, 11:41 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, I missed that you were not in North America. I assume the place you bought the van does not have that level of service. You can def buy remotes on ebay. Make sure the number on the back of your remote is the same as the new one etc. However to program it, You may have to contact gm direct to see if they have any dealers in your country, or authorized service places that have the equip to do it. I hope you can find one.
In the absolute worst case scenario, you could buy and have installed that bulldog system, or a security system that can tie into the factory system. Then you get a couple new fobs with it.....