Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

removing rear retractable seat belt bolt

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2015, 7:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing rear retractable seat belt bolt

Does anyone know how the bolt at the ceiling holding a retractable seat belt in a 2002 Express LT can be removed. It is not a nut, but a smooth surface bolt on both sides - need to replace whole unit. The bolt holding the retracting unit is a 11/16 nut - this is the one hanging from the ceiling that guides the belt over your shoulder. This is my first post and I really need some help. Help!!
Old December 17th, 2015, 6:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Which seat belt exactly? I have a 2002 LS. Mine are high up on the side walls just below the ceiling, but those are the slip collars. The actual retractable unit is inside the wall about seat level below the windows.
Old December 17th, 2015, 7:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I am trying to do is remove the belt from the ceiling. I replaced the wall part with the retractable unit. it is hanging from the ceiling - one bolt - where the seat belt goes up from the retractable unit - through the piece hanging from the ceiling down around the passenger's shoulder . It is the left rear - third row seat.
Old December 17th, 2015, 10:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ah....thats why I cannot picture it. I have no third row. I have an 8 not 12 passenger.
Old December 18th, 2015, 12:34 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Take a picture and post it so we know exactly what you are talking of.