Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Replaced fuel pump and tank, what plugs into middle fuel pump port?

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2014, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced fuel pump and tank, what plugs into middle fuel pump port?

Hey guys,

I'm a newbie and just replaced my tank and fuel pump on my 2001 express van. It has the 5.7l motor.

Unfortunately, I did this over a 2-3 week period. At some point I forgot which connector goes where on the fuel pump. I know that the connectors can only go on one way, but for some reason, I seem to be missing whatever plugs into the middle port of the fuel pump. Is that a vent? If there is a hose (i'm sure it is) that's supposed to connect there I can't find it. Where does the other end of the hose connect to?

Also, on the top of the tank, there are two vents that I moved from my old tank to the new one. On the new tank they seem to fit really loose. Definitely not sealing tightly like on the old tank. Do I just need new o-rings for them?

Thanks ahead of time for the help. Was hoping to get this thing running today but I'm stumped.

Last edited by mangomanj; August 17th, 2014 at 9:51 PM.
Old August 17th, 2014, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: I got some new o-rings and the two vents fit a little more snug. Now, I'm still not sure about the middle port on the fuel pump. Anyone have an express van that can look at theirs or maybe someone who recently replaced a fuel pump?

Thanks again