Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

service Airbag light on

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2017, 1:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service Airbag light on

airbag service light is on. what can this mean?
Old March 1st, 2017, 4:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can mean lots of things. What vehicle and year do you have? Have you checked for codes?

One possible home remedy is this...off another website.......

FOUND MY ANSWER ON ANOTHER SITE!!! Here it is:
I work at a Chevy dealer, without a scan tool it is hard to tell what is turning the light on. The most common thing is a bad connection at a connector behind the left kick panel. If you want to check it yourself it is easy enough to do. The kick panel(below and next to the parking brake) is held on with a couple of clips. Gently pull the panel toward the rear of the truck, you may also have to pull the trim up from the sill plate(more clips, just pull upward gently). Once you have the kick panel off look for a yellow connector-it is a 4 wire connector, but may only have 2 wires in it. Unplug it then plug it back in, turn the truck on if the air bag light goes out that was the problem. There is a new connector available to correct this concern, however just unplugging it and plugging it back in will usually correct the problem for a long time.
If I can answer any more questions just let me know.
Mike
Old March 1st, 2017, 11:55 PM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Can mean anything. You need a GM's Tech 2 tool to read the codes and then you will know exactly.