Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Where the heck is the Door Lock Relay!?! 1991 Vandura

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2016, 11:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where the heck is the Door Lock Relay!?! 1991 Vandura

Hi, I just got a 1991 Vandura 2500 with the Explorer Conversion package. I have searched all over the van and all over the internet and have not found what I am looking for. The Door Lock Relay. I have seen people say it is near the gas pedal or maybe on the passenger side kick panel area. Does anyone actually know where it is in a 1991 Vandura?

Thanks. This seems to be the best Van forum I have found so far.
Old December 11th, 2016, 8:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your service manual which I assume you have should clearly show the location of the fuse box, I have a Haynes service manual that covers years 1996-2010. Page 12-16 section 23 " The optional power door lock system operates the power door motors, which are integral components of the door latch units in each door. The system consists of a FUSE (in the passenger compartment fuse box), the control switches (in each of the front doors), the power door motors and the electrical wiring harnesses connecting all of these components."

I would guess if newer models have fuses your older model does as well so you should be able to find the fuse in the passenger compartment fuse box. The 2003 which I have the passenger compartment fuse box is in the driver side kick panel above the hood release.

Best of luck and Happy Holidays.

Last edited by solwav; December 11th, 2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old December 24th, 2016, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to my Haynes there is indeed a door lock relay. I have seen people describe where it is, but I still can't find the damn thing. I know where the fuses are. The 1991 Vandura is a different beast than the newer vans. Thanks for the response though.