Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

will this radio fit in my van?

Old January 27th, 2016, 8:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will this radio fit in my van?

i really would like to get something that i can plug my phone into and play pandora etc, so would like something with aux, and this one looks to have it.

i dont wanna get an aftermarket unit for someone to break my window over, so stock is best, and i think this would fit

it comes out of a 2007 silver ado and my van is a 2005 express 1500 v6
Attached Thumbnails will this radio fit in my van?-screen-shot-2016-01-27-8.29.18-am.png  
Old January 27th, 2016, 9:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes it will fit, but the theftlock and all the other factory crap will be such a headache. Just pick up a jvc double din. No one will break into a van to steal a head unit.....
If you don't have an alarm system....get one.
http://www.bestdoubledinheadunit.net...double-din.png
Old January 27th, 2016, 1:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you must not live in chicago hehe. people here even crawl under and steal your cat converters lol.
I've been a victim of many breakins and anything flashy i just don't want.

my van is a simple cargo van, no power windows, no power locks or anything...what are you thinking its gonna interfear with? i don't even have an alarm or anything, its as simple as it gets.
Old January 27th, 2016, 5:43 PM
CF Veteran

Theftlock is the factory gm anti theft on its stereo units. When you buy a used factory head unit and try to put it in your van the theftlock wont recognize it. I think you have to take it to a dealer and have it programmed to your vehicle.
Give a dealer a call to be sure.
Old January 30th, 2016, 11:37 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also would just go aftermarket.

I have a touch screen head unit in mine now, and I cut up the old radio and just use the old radio's faceplate to hide the new one. something similar to this,

Car stereo stock radio fake-out - All
Old January 31st, 2016, 2:51 PM
CF Veteran

I have sonce read that you can buy used or new factory gm stereos that are flashed, and will learn your vehicle once it is plugged in. However this process makes them non returnable so you must make sure the stereo part number is compatible with your vehicle.
Which begins the massive list of stereos that may or may not fit.

Search this Thread