Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

2008 Tahoe rear power liftgate question

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2017, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Tahoe rear power liftgate question

Hello, I have scoured the forums looking for an answer to my issue, which is quite common mostly. My rear power liftgate will not open, it will not respond to the remote, the interior button, or the button on the liftgate handle. It will not even open manually when it's shut off on the interior lockout button. It also does not make any noise, other than the relay in the engine compartment. The lights flash like its gonna open but does nothing. Backup park assist works fine so fuse is good. Information screen shows ' rear access door open' . I have drilled a hole in the trim panel near the latch to open the door and then shut it and still nothing. Rear window opens. I have opened and shut that a few times to be sure that's not causing it. It seems that nothing is getting power there. Struts are not the problem as they were replaced in the last year. Anyone having this issue? Most of the issues that people have that I have read at least can hear something happening at the latch...thanks.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after posting I went out to check the wiring harnesses and started by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 5 minutes just to give the system a reset. After reinstalling the cable the door now works! Although the rear door handle switch still does not so that is something that will likely need replacing unless there is a seperate fuse for it. I guess this will be info for the next person having this issue. Later...