Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

Engine problems after Stabilitrak prob?Why is my car no longer drivable at 79K miles!

Old May 30th, 2016, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine problems after Stabilitrak prob?Why is my car no longer drivable at 79K miles!

So, I initially scheduled my car for service on 5/10 because the Stabilitrak, ABS, Traction control service light came on in my car after my car shut off twice in one day in the middle of traffic the week before! Then all of a sudden the engine started to make this awful sound and would not accelerate when I tried to drive it. The day before the appointment when I went to start it, the car didn't start so I had it towed to a local Chevrolet dealership (which I would NEVER recommend this dealership after this experience), to have it looked at. A few days go by and I had to contact them. They first said they changed the starter and that they were looking at the other problem. No contact AGAIN so I call them.

Needless to say they tell me that my car that has 79k miles on it and that is a 2011 Impala may need a new engine and that I would have to pay $700 just to take it apart to see how much it would cost to fix. And that because it is a bit out of warranty date that GM may cover 75% of it. What? there is no way a car's engine should fail at 79k. I owned a 2003 impala before this and had over 120k miles and didn't have an engine blow!

Called the GM service center because I was unhappy with the smoke and mirrors of the dealer, response there hasn't been much better honestly. I have been with no car for almost a month and the amount that I am paying for alternate transportation is killing me.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I used to love GM vehicles, but now I am at the end of the line with them and really am thinking about never recommending them as a good purchase.
Old May 31st, 2016, 8:35 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MonieArnold77
So, I initially scheduled my car for service on 5/10 because the Stabilitrak, ABS, Traction control service light came on in my car after my car shut off twice in one day in the middle of traffic the week before! Then all of a sudden the engine started to make this awful sound and would not accelerate when I tried to drive it. The day before the appointment when I went to start it, the car didn't start so I had it towed to a local Chevrolet dealership (which I would NEVER recommend this dealership after this experience), to have it looked at. A few days go by and I had to contact them. They first said they changed the starter and that they were looking at the other problem. No contact AGAIN so I call them.

Needless to say they tell me that my car that has 79k miles on it and that is a 2011 Impala may need a new engine and that I would have to pay $700 just to take it apart to see how much it would cost to fix. And that because it is a bit out of warranty date that GM may cover 75% of it. What? there is no way a car's engine should fail at 79k. I owned a 2003 impala before this and had over 120k miles and didn't have an engine blow!

Called the GM service center because I was unhappy with the smoke and mirrors of the dealer, response there hasn't been much better honestly. I have been with no car for almost a month and the amount that I am paying for alternate transportation is killing me.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I used to love GM vehicles, but now I am at the end of the line with them and really am thinking about never recommending them as a good purchase.

Hi MonieArnold77,

We take your feedback very seriously and I apologize for the multiple concerns you are experiencing with your Impala. To not have a working vehicle is frustrating and we apologize for the inconvenience. As we are not trained technicians, we rely heavily on our certified GM dealerships to address vehicle concerns such as these. We would like to look into this for you, please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and the dealership you were working with.

Best,

Cristina Y
Chevrolet Customer Care

Search this Thread