Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

'00 CSPFI to MFI Spider Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2007, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 CSPFI to MFI Spider Conversion Kit

I had a no start cond. on my '00 4.3 "W" with 93k,in my S10. Long story short, I ck'd all I could think of, and really had nothing pointing directly to the problem. I had no codes showing, (It did show MAF & O2 sensors bad, but I cleaned all with carb cleaner, reinstalled and all codes cleared, but still no start after sitting a while), I had good fuel pressure, pump replaced a while back, new fuel filt., new temp. sensor, fresh tune up, and still no start. I pulled plenum off, and found no obvious signs of regulator leaking, or any leak for that matter, no signs anything under there was washed down from gas... but having it open I thought I would try replacing the spider assy. if for no other reason than to get better fuel mileage, hopefully. Well, that was it. That cured my no start. Now truck starts and runs like new. Point is, there were no obvious signs to me the spider was the culprit. I will add, using my code reader which has the live data feature, before the fix, the ecu ran in closed loop all the time, cold or hot...(with no codes showing), but after I switched the spider assy. now cold starts, it runs open loop until around 160 degrees, then goes to closed loop like it should. Somehow the old spider wasn't giving the ecu the right info I guess.
The kit I got from my local Chevy dlr. is as follows. ACDelco part. Right off the sticker on the box, GM#89060439. Above that is another number,ACD#217-3028. This kit has all you need to convert old to new style with electric wires running to each individual inj. Comes with new spider assy., brkt for same, rubber gaskets for plenum, throttle plate assy., the o-ring around the spider "body", the only thing it did not have that you should get are the o-rings for the fuel press./return line connection at the firewall. It listed for $315.00 I got it for $236.00 using the name of the shop I work at.
Naturally, that GM part# doesn't come w/o the usual b/s with part#'s. The dlr. I got it from keeps them on their shelf, other dealers I called that were closer to me couldn't find that #, or it would have a note on their comp. saying the # was good but it was not "for sale"...WTF? I don't know, but I do know the # is a good one, so if you need to do this set up to your truck, make the parts guy do his homework and get you the kit... GM#89060439
I hope this helps someone out there.