Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

'00 Tahoe Total Blackout

Old September 8th, 2009, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 Tahoe Total Blackout

I picked up this Tahoe about three months ago, has about 145,000 miles on it, and started having an electrical problem a couple weeks ago. The vehicle will intermittently lose electrical power, often times while driving. The battery and alternator are strong, with good voltage readings, and amperage output by the alt.

<O</OThere seems to be two stages, the first is a flash-out. The vehicle will lose all power just for a moment and happens mostly while driving. It will just click off for a moment, then come right back on, however, it is long enough to shut the engine off when it happens.

<O</OThe second, and more severe, stage is a total black out. There will be no power in the vehicle at all. I have gotten the vehicle to "come back to life" by removing a fuse for a moment, or even my iPod charger from the power point in the dash. At that point everything just comes right back on, and it doesn’t happen again for another few days. I have had a stereo installed, but traced the wiring, and have found no faults.<O></O>
Any ideas?

<O</O2000 Chevy Tahoe<O</O
5.7 4WD<O</O