Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

04 Trailblazer bad ac smell

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 04 Trailblazer bad ac smell

I need help, i have a 04 Trailblazer LS with a smelly ac, everytime I turn the ac a mold smell comes out, it only last a few minutes after that it doesn't smell bad anymore unless i"m used to the smell.

Please help
Old January 28th, 2009, 8:08 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

It is mold you smell and it’s probably built up on the AC coil and or in the outside air intake.
Check and make sure the drain port for the AC is not plugged (ever had a wet floor on the passenger side, that’s caused by the blocked drain over flowing inside the passenger compartment)
The same holds true for the outside air intake, the area below the windshield is typically where air is pulled into the passenger compartment, if the drain(s) for that area are blocked the water stagnates and starts stinking.
Find the drain points for those areas and clear them, then flush the area below the windshield with plenty of clean water and maybe some mild soap to help clean out the areas that cant be reached by hand.
There is also the possibility that water has gotten into the blower housing and is stagnate, remove the blower motor and inspect the area for water, leaves, bugs….
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thank you

Hello, I'll try that and see what happens, now that you mentioned it, my car doesn't drip any water from the passenger car like other cars.

Thank you again