Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

05 Equinox, 3.4 L EGR pipe

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2008, 8:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Equinox, 3.4 L EGR pipe

My neice hasan 05 Equinox in which the EGR pipe has rotted thru. Bought new one and after removing the old one discovered the new pipe was about 1 1/2" short. Back to the dealer. Was told that pipe should fit but there was something on their computer about a retro fit something or other. I am going back later with the Vin where perhaps they can add to the info.Anyone have any idea what the problem is with this part.
Thanks
Old October 9th, 2008, 8:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 05 Equinox, 3.4 L EGR pipe

Here's the scoop from the Chevy service manager. Gm has done away with the factory EGR and pipe. They want to replace both items with new EGR and pipewhich in turn requires the computer to be programed to the tune of around $400.00 parts and labor. I,m going to have a machine shop make me a 1"spacer to make up the difference in the new pipe length.
Old May 1st, 2015, 1:51 AM
CF Beginner

Default I have the same issue now with my 05 Equinox

Originally Posted by vadatara
My neice hasan 05 Equinox in which the EGR pipe has rotted thru. Bought new one and after removing the old one discovered the new pipe was about 1 1/2" short. Back to the dealer. Was told that pipe should fit but there was something on their computer about a retro fit something or other. I am going back later with the Vin where perhaps they can add to the info.Anyone have any idea what the problem is with this part.
Thanks
OK so my egr air tube broke but when I went to autozone they suggested that I also replace the egr valve as well because the new air tube won't fit on the old egr valve. So in the end after spending $125.00 and doing it myself I saved 3-400 dollars. And it was so simple to do myself. If you need step by step help just reply here and I'll be more than happy to help you out.
Old June 12th, 2017, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default EGR Tube and Valve Replacement

Did you have to replaced the wiring as well?
Did you need to have the PCM reset?
Old July 3rd, 2017, 6:21 AM
CF Beginner

Default 05 Equinox egr

[QUOTE=Delvina69;300824]OK so my egr air tube broke but when I went to autozone they suggested that I also replace the egr valve as well because the new air tube won't fit on the old egr valve. So in the end after spending $125.00 and doing it myself I saved 3-400 dollars. And it was so simple to do myself. If you need step by step help just reply here and I'll be more than happy to help you out
The new pigtail wire has different colors than the original do i just wire it the order of the original the new one is marked on the plug A-E
Old September 13th, 2017, 7:26 PM
CF Beginner

[QUOTE=Scor440;340664]
Originally Posted by Delvina69
OK so my egr air tube broke but when I went to autozone they suggested that I also replace the egr valve as well because the new air tube won't fit on the old egr valve. So in the end after spending $125.00 and doing it myself I saved 3-400 dollars. And it was so simple to do myself. If you need step by step help just reply here and I'll be more than happy to help you out
The new pigtail wire has different colors than the original do i just wire it the order of the original the new one is marked on the plug A-E
I'm doing this tomorrow but my kit comes with a new wire harness. How did you know the order of the wires for the clip to plug into the new egr valve
Old September 20th, 2017, 12:38 PM
CF Active Member

Have you thought about going to a junk yard and seeing if they have a matching egr pipe?
Old June 1st, 2018, 6:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default The dreaded egr tube/pipe or line

There's a recall on this, so don't spend a dime on this fix. But for DIY guys end all research. I changed my engine and found out that this Egr update is a way to make money off the DIY. My local dealership said "because I changed my motor it excludes me from the recall", which makes no sense because the car hasn't been updated and old as my vehicle is motor swaps aren't uncommon. But I bought mine with a blown engine. Also my local dealership told me if I do the update myself it will be $130 to check it out to see if it will take an update. WOW!!!! So, in other words leave my checkbook open and let them... Rip me off!!! NEVER!!!! After all the running around to auto part after auto part and u pull it yards... I came up with a not so expensive fix... Get 2 new ones or 2 used ones, if you can find them used. $40 for new ones. Go to a weld all shop and have them cut and weld them to length... $30 where I live and he felt as if that was too much Lol! I'm glad he doesn't know about this problem! I hope my research and running around save you time and money with this problem.

Last edited by Anthony Nails; June 1st, 2018 at 6:38 AM. Reason: Adding more information
Old November 7th, 2018, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Delvina69
OK so my egr air tube broke but when I went to autozone they suggested that I also replace the egr valve as well because the new air tube won't fit on the old egr valve. So in the end after spending $125.00 and doing it myself I saved 3-400 dollars. And it was so simple to do myself. If you need step by step help just reply here and I'll be more than happy to help you out.
if you have a phone number please send it to me so I could ask you more questions about this I am not good at working on these websites thank you
Old November 15th, 2018, 5:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default EGR tube

Replying to: "Delvina69
I have the same issue now with my 05 EquinoxQuote:
Originally Posted by vadatara
Thanks
OK so my egr air tube broke but when I went to autozone they suggested that I also replace the egr valve as well because the new air tube won't fit on the old egr valve. So in the end after spending $125.00 and doing it myself I saved 3-400 dollars. And it was so simple to do myself. If you need step by step help just reply here and I'll be more than happy to help you out."

Yes, please send step by step instructions. If possible, I need the part number(s) and part name(s) or link to order 2 tubes. Let me know if I also need the valve. I also see people asking if I need wiring, so please advise as to that as well. I look forward to receiving step by step how to get 2 tubes welded together (measurements and instructions) and a list of all parts I need. Please Please Please. thank you!! My car has been sitting for 1 year to try to get this resolved.

DAP

Quick Reply: 05 Equinox, 3.4 L EGR pipe