Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

06 Equinox wiring in door jamb broken

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2014, 6:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Equinox wiring in door jamb broken

2006 Equinox. The wiring for window, lock, and speakers running into the driver's door have almost all been pulled out or broken inside the door jamb. PICTURE ATTACHED. Seems obvious that they were installed too tightly and repeated opening and closing of the door just messed it all up. Dealership and other shops want over $500 to fix this!
I've seen others who had similar problem and were able to spend like $10 to splice the wires themselves. Does anyone have more info about this process or anything helpful at all? I'm trying to clean it up, fix it up and sell it because it's a good time for a new truck, but this is causing some serious issues. I believe the loose wiring is also affecting the battery because it tends to take multiple tries to start. PLEASE HELP! Thanks<script charset="UTF-8" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js" type="application/javascript"></script><script charset="UTF-8" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js" type="application/javascript"></script>
Attached Thumbnails 06 Equinox wiring in door jamb broken-20140927_111410.jpg