Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

07 Silverado 1500 Stabilitrak, Traction Control, Remote Keyless Entry Problems

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2014, 1:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 07 Silverado 1500 Stabilitrak, Traction Control, Remote Keyless Entry Problems

I just put a new touchscreen stereo and door speakers in my 2007 Silverado 1500 nbs. I am positive everything is hooked up correctly with the radio and the speakers and they seem to work perfectly. This is the first time I've installed a CD player into a 2007 and up truck that had the new electrical. So typically I would tie into the basic power, ignition, and ground wires but I had to buy the $160 CD wiring kit that is made by Axxess Integrate, which I was told is what the GM facilities would use as well. So it came with the factory plug and play kit that would plug into my receiver and the factory plugs from the truck's harness, and it had a black module that was suppose to help retain OnStar/ OE Bluetooth, Adjustable volume for both, and factory back up camera as well as steering wheel volume controls. I've gone through the installation manual and the harness and triple checked every connection and they are all correct.

However there are a few reoccurring issues with the electrical system. Once the key is in the ignition I am getting the "Service Stabilitrak" and "Service Traction Control" warning lights on the dash. Sometimes the they will go away and the truck will crank and run perfectly fine with the stereo working fine as well. On occasion the stereo will randomly cut off and back on or even turn off completely when I am driving. However, the Stabilitrak and Traction Control lights do not always turn off and the truck will not always crank. Usually I just pull the key out of the ignition and it after resetting it will crank. Also, the remote keyless entry will not unlock or lock half of the time. I think there may be a security system issue or something wrong with the BCM, but I am not sure. I had to disconnect and reconnect the terminals on the battery multiple times while installing the stereo. I'm not sure if that may have caused some confusing with the BCM. The Stabilitrak and Traction Control lights will sometimes come on while going down the road also. The electrical problems are usually random. I could have a perfect truck one minute and the next it will not let me unlock the doors or will be lit up like a Christmas tree. Let me know if you guys think the BCM is bad or if it is something else causing the problems. Thanks