Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 09:01 AM

Default 1994 CHEVY SUBURBAN K1500 5.7 (EGR VALVE)

my 1994 k1500 5.7 chevy suburban service engine soon has been coming on.....took it to advance auto for computer check....i was told it was the egr valve can i put sheet metal under it to block it off and disconnect the vacuum line....or just disconnect the vacuum line...or should i just replace the egr valve....i was told they make a screen for some models but, i don't think they make one for mine....it has been drinking the gas....can anyone help me with this problem......p.s. i have also taken it off a cleaned it but it doesn't last very long..
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:17 AM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: 1994 CHEVY SUBURBAN K1500 5.7 (EGR VALVE)

ummm.... no you shouldn't remove the EGR and block off the vacum .... if the EGR needs replacing replace it.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Default RE: 1994 CHEVY SUBURBAN K1500 5.7 (EGR VALVE)

If you think it drinks gas now you'll die if you take the EGR valve off. If you take it off you'll eventually fun into several worse issues....such as detonation and fouling plugs. Replace it.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Tags
1994, 57, 94, 99, block, chevy, control, diy, egr, k1500, remove, replace, replacement, suburban, vacum, valve