Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 wont start

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2016, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 wont start

I was driving my truck down the road when my steering wheel started to get stuff like the power steering was about to go out, then the whole truck shut off when I stopped at a light. I crunk the truck back up and drove about a mile and a half and it shut off completely again. Since then it hasn't started back up at all. When you try to start it up it just turns over and never actually starts running. I've replaced distributor and cap all spark plugs and wires and purchased a new battery. I also had the gas tank dropped and fuel pump checked and that wasn't the problem. I am lost now. I don't know what else to try and I can't move the truck to get it diagnosed. I used a pocket scanner and it's showing no codes at all.
Old April 28th, 2016, 8:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how was the pump checked? You shouldn't even need to drop the tank to find out if the pump is bad or not. Have you checked fuel pressure and volume? Do you have access to a multimeter or scanner?