Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2000 Suburban, Runs Bad in the Morning

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2007, 2:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Suburban, Runs Bad in the Morning

Hi all,

I have a 2000 suburban that runs like crap in the morning. I have done, plugs, wires, EGR, fuel filter, air filter, injector cleaning service, water pump, belt, temp sensor switchand new thermostat. I can't figure out what the hec is going on. I'm thinking maybe a cracked intake manifold, but I have sprayedaround the intake and nothing happens. Latley it is starting to run worse when it is warm, but nothing like when it's cold!

Please help me with any ideas, I'll entertain them all. This has been driving me crazy for 4 months! Plus, it's my wife's truck so I hear it everytime she drives it (which is every day). The Burb has 93,000 miles on it.

Thank in advance for your help...Chris
Old April 10th, 2007, 6:03 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2000 Suburban, Runs Bad in the Morning

What kind of filter did you use?

My uncle's GMC Jimmy had the almost the same problem. He also tried to have everything checked and found that the culprit was lack of air intake. So he tried to puchase an after market cold air intake from an online shop. They offered him a great deal so my uncle just grabbed it. The stillen cold air intake costed him $172 but gave his Jimmy a big shift in performance. Good thing I still have the link of the site where he got his filter, you might want to check it out http://www.coldairintakedirect.com/makes/gmc.html

I hope its just a simple intake problem on your car.
Old April 10th, 2007, 11:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2000 Suburban, Runs Bad in the Morning

I would hope it's that simple also. I have the stock intake using a FRAM filter. I am going to try by passing the air intake and runningit without it just for the hec of it. If that works I'll let you all know.

Does anyone else have any ideas?...Chris