Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2000 Venture wipers not working

Old July 30th, 2009, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Venture wipers not working

I have a 2000 Chevy Venture van and my wipers are not working. They are stuck up, and they are getting power because they jump every so often. A young man was putting in a remote start for me and they haven't worked since. Any ideas of what I could check to see if I could get them working again? Any help appreciated!
Old July 30th, 2009, 5:48 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

sounds like he may have put in a wiper by-pass. Basically just a relay that opens the wire feeding ignition to the wiper switch to prevent them from coming on when your windshield is full of ice.
If he did,(most installers do not) then he may have hooked it up wrong
Old July 31st, 2009, 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnvw
sounds like he may have put in a wiper by-pass. Basically just a relay that opens the wire feeding ignition to the wiper switch to prevent them from coming on when your windshield is full of ice.
If he did,(most installers do not) then he may have hooked it up wrong
THank you. The kid never finished the remote start so I couldn't even tell if that worked. And now i've lost the keys that came with the remote start so guess it won't do me any good anyway.

I will take it somewhere and let them finish hooking up the remote and have them check the wipers. Or is there someway, stupid me could easily follow back any wires to doublecheck the wipers myself?
Old August 1st, 2009, 6:58 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

take the knee bolster off and the clam shell(piece around the steering column behind the steering wheel) and follow the wires that were installed. There should be only wires going to the ignition switch and the passkey module(black thing around the key cylinder) within the clamshell. If you see wires going to the wiper switch wiring, remove it, and try out your wipers