Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2003 Venture DVD Entertainment System problem

Search this Thread

Old December 18th, 2006, 7:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Venture DVD Entertainment System problem

We have a 2003 Chevy Venture minivan.Yesterday we were travelling and my son was listening to an audio cd in the dvd (lower)portion of the entertainment system that he controls from the back seat. When we stopped for lunch, he paused the cd, then the van was shut off. When we restarted the van, we tried to turn off the pause, but it didn't work. I ejected the cd and put it back in, but it wouldn't recognize that a cd was in the unit. We tried several other cd's as well, and the indicator never came on showing a cd in the unit, and of course it didn't play.

When we got home, we tried several other cds and dvds with the same problem, although sometimes it would recognize there was a disc in the unit. However, it wouldn't play. I could hear it "winding" up and down (for lack of a better description), but it won't recognize the disc.

The upper portion of the entertainment system works fine. We are able to play cds with no problem, and my son can use the wireless headphones and hear our radio or cd fine, but there seems to be some problem with the dvd unit. Also, just for information, we tried both burnt cds and regular cds and dvds. The unit doesn't recognize any of them.

Can anyoneoffer any help or advice? We just got this van in May, and I am heartsick over this, as it is by far the nicest vehicle we have ever had and we are trying so hard to keep it in great condition.

Thanks so much!

Dawn