Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2004 Chevy Tahoe Stalling Issues

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2007, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Chevy Tahoe Stalling Issues

I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe with 50,000 miles. Since nearly day one it's had issues stalling at idle or at 50 mph!!! Not fun! The engine seems to be running out of fuel as the vehicle will not pick up speed and lugs, spits, and sputters along. Sometimes it comes too and other times it stalls right out. It's been to the dealership at least 6 times for this and they keep saying that no codes come up on the computer. The fuel tank is full and it does it almost daily but not all the time. Anyone have any ideas??
Old July 30th, 2012, 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the same year and doing the same thing. Dealer replaced fuel pump and no help. Towed home I checked out and the right conv. was stoped, replaced the system. Ran great for 300 miles then started stalling after it sits for a hour or so or over night. When it stalls you can pull over and tuen key off then restart runs good agin until you cut off and let set then restart everthing starts all over agin. I have 77K miles and this is the first trouble ever had with this one. Checked for trouble codes and none are stored. I've read on here and someone had a 04 truck and replaced the throttle actvator control and this fixed his problem. I would like to know what the test is for the TAC?