Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2004 Trailblazer Engine not turning over or turns over but doesn't start

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2008, 4:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Trailblazer Engine not turning over or turns over but doesn't start

when the car doesn't start the gauges and speedomiter go crazy. sometimes it doesn't turn over at all other time it turns over but doesn't start. i have checked the codes and found nothing showing up. so does anyone have any idea's one Mech i talked to thinks its something with the secriety system. can anyone help me here.
Old May 9th, 2008, 5:56 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 2004 Trailblazer Engine not turning over or turns over but doesn't start

Welcome to the forum!!! If it was a security device causing your problems then thereshould be a securitylight blinkingor somethingto indicate it(I think).
Old October 26th, 2013, 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2002 Blazer 4.3 V - Engine turning over but not starting

Hi, I'm sorry if this should be a separate thread (am new to posting) but I would appreciate any suggestions you may have to offer with the above problem. It won't start in the early morning. I've tried leaving the key on for 10 minutes, as one mechanic suggested, to reset the security system. That didn't always work. I've replaced the distributor cap and button. I had a new fuel filter installed; fuel pump tested good. Yesterday I had the pass lock sensor replaced, and ended up with the same problem this morning. Usually, once I get it to start at some point in the morning, I don't have any problems starting throughout the day. Today it took several tries to get it restarted. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Old November 11th, 2016, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by runningon61
when the car doesn't start the gauges and speedomiter go crazy. sometimes it doesn't turn over at all other time it turns over but doesn't start. i have checked the codes and found nothing showing up. so does anyone have any idea's one Mech i talked to thinks its something with the secriety system. can anyone help me here.
I had the same problem with my 00 blazer and I changed out the cap and rotor to fix it.
Old November 11th, 2016, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by runningon61
Fuel pump or filter
Old May 4th, 2021, 4:24 AM
CF Beginner

Sounds like you may have a bad ground or a short somewhere. buy a repair manual for your car there like $25 they have all the wiring diagrams inside. get a test late and start going through your harnesses if you can't find a bad ground somewhere.