Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2007 Tahoe Roof Racks

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2007, 8:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Roof Racks

Happy New Year Everyone... I need some help with adjusting my roof racks on my 2007 Tahoe Z71. The factory racks don't come with any instructions on how to adjust forward and backward on the roof rails. I need to narrow the gap between racks. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark
Old December 30th, 2007, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Roof Racks

There is a "triangular" shaped piece on each end of the crossbars. You can see it while standing on the side. Pull this down from the top a little, it should click loudly and it will unlock the unit. Do this on each end of the crossbar you want to move and then slide to the position you want (this is easier with two people, one on each side of the car, but you can do it without). Once you get it where you want it, push the lock handle back in on both sides and wiggle it until it "locks" back in.
Let me know if this helps..I can shoot a photo if you need.
Earl
Old December 30th, 2007, 5:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Roof Racks

From the manual page 191...
To move a crossrail, lift the release lever, on both sides of the rail, up to loosen it. Slide the crossrail to the desired
position balancing the force side to side. Press the release lever on both sides of the rail, down to tighten it. Try to slide the crossrail back and forth slightly to be sure it is tight.