Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2008 Crew LTZ - Clock Resetting / Dead Battery

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2009, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Crew LTZ - Clock Resetting / Dead Battery

I have a 08 Silverado LTZ Crew. The radio is the Bose CD Changer w/o Nav. In mid December, when I would remotely start my truck in temperatures less than 10', I noticed the clock would reset to 12:00. This happened 4-5 times and then quit happening (It was not in the single digits).

I took it into my dealer for the washer recall and they couldn't find anything wrong.
This week is has been cold (Single digits). Last night I remote started and the clock reset again. This morning the battery was dead and I had to jump it. This makes me think it has more to do than the radio.

Any ideas????
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Crew LTZ - Clock Resetting / Dead Battery

The first thing that comes to mind for me is poor performing battery in the cold, I would have the battery load checked, if its okay then maybe consider adding a trickle charger or upgrading the battery.
And make sure nothing is being left on or plugged in that could be drawing the battery down i.e. phone or Ipod charger etc…

I should also mention checking the battery cable(s) make sure everything is tight, I don't know if the trucks have one, the Tahoe's don't, but check foran under hood light that may be staying on.