Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2016 Suburban LT- problem playing back DVD's on OEM head unit

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2017, 7:26 AM
Koz
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2016 Suburban LT- problem playing back DVD's on OEM head unit

Good morning and thanks for maintaining a great forum. I'm a former '13 Tahoe owner. A great truck, but a truck my family outgrew. Moved onto the '16 Suburban LT 4x4 with Red Tintcoat and can't be happier.

I'm curious to see if anyone has had any problems playing back DVD's using the OEM head unit. Specifically, a few things I've noticed in what appears to be :

1) When the on-screen options come up in the movie itself, i.e. "play movie," "scene selection," etc, I can't just press the option of my choosing on the screen, but instead have to open up a separate menu on the side of the screen with directional arrows and an "enter" button. I'm used to my older radio (Pioneer aftermarket) where I could just hit commands on the actual screen without going through separate commands off to the side. Am I missing something?

2) Once the DVD is inserted, I can't find a "play" button at the bottom of the on-screen menu. Fast forward, etc but no "play."

3) Hitting the "DVD Menu" button doesn't bring up the typical options like specific scenes etc.

4) After having finally played back the movie (and fast forwarding through approx 16 different preview scenes, when the car was turned off and then restarted approx an hour later, the DVD did not start to play back from where we left off.

Sorry if these sound rather elementary but I'm driving myself mad right now trying to figure it out. Also, it's not that I'm not a technical person, as I'm the one who normally wires everyone's home theater setup and have a fairly decent aptitude when it comes to this sort of thing.

Other than this glitch, I love the vehicle thus far. Picked it up pre-owned with less than 20,000 miles on it.

Thanks for any feedback you may have!