Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

350 Crate Motor Spraying Oil.

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2014, 12:19 AM
snp
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 Crate Motor Spraying Oil.

Hey everyone,

Let me start by saying thank you to anyone who takes the time to comment and help me diagnose this problem.

1979 Chevy Camaro
BF Goodrich V8 350 crate motor

Car sprays oil all over the passenger side of the engine bay and on the hood only at high RPM. I can drive the car around town with no issues, get on the highway and travel somewhere and I will lose almost all of the oil in a 45 minute drive. We also had the car up on a lift and let it run at highway speeds for 15 minutes to hopefully see where it came from and it still didn't spray oil. The driver side of the engine bay is always spotless so is rear of the motor, it seems to be only on the passenger side front. I have replaced all of the following gaskets timing cover gasket, valve cover gaskets, water pump gasket (1 other I can't think of right now). Continued to do it, so today we replaced the intake manifold gasket, and it still does it. I also did find on the forums about the small bolt hole for the bolt to hold the piston back when you change the fuel pump, I did place a bolt in that too now and it still continues. If anyone could shoot some ideas my way I would be very appreciative.

-Dave