Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

383chv running on 6 or 7 cylenders

Old May 22nd, 2008, 2:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 383chv running on 6 or 7 cylenders

Newbie never been on any forum. have a stroked 350 in a Jag has been off the road for 1 year I start it & bring up to running temp and do a lap of the block every 6 weeks when I turned the ignition this time power cut out I taped the terminals on the battery then it started but is only running on 7 cylinders anyone have any suggestions? motor is fully rebuild for street running full electric ignition mild cams with carburetor. Only 8000 k's on motor new plugs 1000 k's ago.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 9:58 PM
CF Veteran

Default RE: 383chv running on 6 or 7 cylenders

it's a posibility that with short hops just once and a while the plug's are fouled out ,,also check the distrubier cap for nastie's ,some time's on a hot car you have to run them hard for a while to keep thecob's blown out ,plus old gas can be a problem .if it sit's for a long time put some stable,fuel stabilizert in the tank to keep the carb and pump from guming up .good luck
Old May 23rd, 2008, 2:21 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 383chv running on 6 or 7 cylenders

hi old dog thank you for the advise I probably sound stupid for asking this question but I was not sure were to start so now I have a plan I will clean the plugs this weekend and let you know how I go.