Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

4wd Noise

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2008, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd Noise

Drive an 02 1500 Z71. Everything is fine while in 2hi. When I shift into 4hi I get this noise from the front end. It almost sounds like it is comeing from undernieth my feet and toward the front. It is louder when accelerating and or turning. I stuck my head out the window today while going slow and I really couldn't hear it. All I could hear was the CV Boot squeking. When I put my head back in the truck I could hear it again. I just recently had the front diff bearings replaced and I changed out the front brakes and rotots. While I had the weels off I didn't have any play in the front knuckles. All 4 CV boots are intact and not leaking. I can't really describe the noise. It doesn't really sound like something is grinding. Its kind of a combination grind and rub noise. It almost sounds like the bearings again but they were changed not more than 2 months ago. Like I said its not easy to describe. Anyone else have any of these kind of problems or noises? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.