Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Trouble with Chevy Cavalier LS

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2006, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with Chevy Cavalier LS

I have a Chevy Cavalier 2000 LS.
Recently i am having very specific trouble. Some times in the morning or during the day i can not start my car. In addition, my car can shut down suddenly, when i am in the semafor, or in parking aereas or when i am tryng to turn, so in cases that i have to slow down.
I changed all filters, oil, spark plugs. But no results.
One of my friend suggested me to clean uo injectors, using fuel injector cleaners.
Till now the same problem. So th acar suddenly can shut down.
Why? Any help? Thanks!
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:15 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Trouble with Chevy Cavalier LS

Could be low fuel pressure. You might need to replace the fuel pump or the pressure regulator.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks very much Uncle Bill for your help.

Is there is way to understand where is the problem? In fuel pump or in regulator. Because i sent my car to GM dealer service and they did not tell ius where is the problem at all.[:-] They got from me about 350 $ doing nothing. So i am afraid of sending them somewhere else. Do you undersatnd my friend?

Anyway, do you know how much will cost me the fuel pump and regulator?
Thanks a lot!

Old September 12th, 2006, 11:39 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: uncle bill

Could be low fuel pressure. You might need to replace the fuel pump or the pressure regulator.
Dear uncle bill
I am still having the same problem with my car. So i sent my car to the GM dealer and they told me that they could not get the problem, so what is causing this problem. Today in one other service, the mechanic told me that could be the problm with injection modul. I am not sure...

Days before you told me that the problem could be in fuel pump or in the pressure regulator. So i think like you that has to be a fuel pressure problem. But the mechanics told me not. I do not know what to do, beacause the injection modul and fuel pump will cost together about 900 $, without reparing-pay taxes.

Please my friend tell me what to do.

Yours Eugene
Old September 19th, 2006, 12:48 PM
CF Active Member

Well, Eugene, it's a bit confusing. Sorry I'm late but I was out of town for 11 days. I'm a bit messed up by this, I still think it's fuel related but won't put off what Your Tech said because it also has to do with the fuel system. Check out a non dealer store ( Advanced Auto Parts, Auto Zone ET AL ) and see if they offer a Delco Remy Module for less money and have a less expensive ( but reliable ) mechanic install it. Also, did They check The Ignition Components? Module Etc. A bad distributor could act similarly. Good Luck.
Old September 28th, 2006, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks uncle bill. Fortunately i solved the problem. I sent the car to a small service. The mechanic changed the ignition switch and everything is going fine. Anyway your help was evident and precious when ypu advise us to see the ignition issues.
Thanks a lot.