Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

94 4x4 pick up no forward gears

Old March 4th, 2011, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 4x4 pick up no forward gears

I just got this truck in a trade. I have looked at several threads about guys losing reverse or losing first and third or second fourth but mine lost all forward. Reverse is fine or was. i had to move it a few times so I backed around the yard seemed ok then I went to move it one last time and it went about four feet and slammed to a stop. feels like I'm pushing the brake and gas at the same time. moans and drags the engine down hard but wont budge. Even tried to pull it forward and it dragged the wheels. Now the only way it will roll is to put the transfer case in N. Prior owner had the same problem seven months ago and had a rebuild done so when it happened this time he dumped the truck. Seems to have fluid preasure ie. loads the engine hard. Is it maybe a chance the shift mods are acting up maybe both open at once or something. First chevy first tranny prob. confused. any advice??? dont want a shop blowing smoke up my @&&&
Old September 9th, 2011, 10:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any luck on getting it fixed? I would appreciate any thoughts on how or if you got it running ok.