Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

95 Z71 TBI 350 motor swap for 96 block....or 95 LT1 block

Old January 4th, 2014, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Z71 TBI 350 motor swap for 96 block....or 95 LT1 block

Hey whats up guys let me tell you a little about my truck before i start. Its a 95 Z71 (lifted) with some nice size tires on it and 456 gears. The truck has 155k on it and a motor that has started smoking out of one side (truck is true dueled).

So i have decided to do a motor swap on it seeing as how i have the money. Now it would be real easy for me to run out and grab a stock 95 bottom end and throw everything back together. But i wanted to do something a little better while i had the chance.

I started out with just wanting to grab a stock bottom end and throw some vortec heads on it. Easy deal, grab the proper intake and slap it all back together. but has i started to do a little more research i found that this stock motor has a flat tappet cam in it. and as we all know the 96 started the roller cam (which is obviously a better cam). And then I came across a 95 LT1 for sale on craigslist. and thought about going that way.

So here we go these are the questions.

1. Does the 96 5.7 have the same bolt up patters for the accesories? Or will i have to redo all of that stuff. Cause if it does then i can just grab the 96 block with the roller cam and vortec heads ect ect.....

2. Are there any type of sensor holes on the 96 block that i would have to make adjustments for if i were to get that block.

3. Whats actually the difference between the 95 stock block and the 95 LT1 block. Is everything the same besides heads and intake??

4. Would a LT1 even make that much of a difference in power or should i just go another route

Anyway i know thats alot and i thank anybody with any imput its gonna save me alot of headache in the end