Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

97 chevy Mark III Van won't start

Old June 16th, 2009, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 chevy Mark III Van won't start

I have purchased a 97 Mark III Cheverolet van with a 350 in it from a tow company. It had a frozen fuel pump in it. I have replaced the fuel pump
(very expensive). Is there a fuse that protects the fuel pump? if so where is it located? There is a fuse panel under the steering wheel by the drivers side door and another fuse panel under the front hood to the far right, and it is very hard to get to. According to the owners manual there is no fuse labeled
(fuel pump). I know there has to be something protecting it. I am sure if I could find it it would start right up. It does run if you spray fuel into the air box. I thought I would ask first, hopefully find someone experienced, if not I
am going to have to make some kind of fuse pulling device and pull them all.
Any info here would be appreciated. thanks JOHN
Old June 16th, 2009, 8:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Not knowing this model specifically, I can only say that there usually, almost always IS a fuel pump fuse, and a relay in vehicles of this era. I think you need to reach in and inspect the fuses and relays in teh engine compartment. Pay attention to how the relays sit, sometimes they can be inserted 90 or 180 deg off. A paint spot in a corner would be a way to mark their orientation before you pull them.

needle nose pliers work great for pulling fuses.
Old June 19th, 2009, 6:30 PM
CF Beginner

I have popped the fuel line loose at the filter and the fuel pump is working ok.
Now I need to troubleshoot the efi circuit. Does anyone know where I can get information on checking the injectors? I have a noid light as I just got through troubleshooting my Toyota efi. I just don't have the necessary info to check
this cheverolet. I am sure it has to be some where on the internet. Thanks for the help. John