Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

98 cavalier anti theft system

Old March 3rd, 2012, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 cavalier anti theft system

hello i have a 98 cav and i am having a huge problem and alot of fustration, i really want to use my car. the problem started when my key stopped working in the ignition. now i know i should have just taken it to get repaired. or changed the lock cylinder, but i have absolutely no money to spair. so after a few days of not being able to use my car i finally got very fustrated and hammered out the lock cylinder with a hammer and screwdriver. well that fixed half the problem, then the ani theft light came on and i have been stuck ever since. after doing some reading i found some info about soldering a resistor between the black and yellow wire, to bypass the system, but i tried that and after leaver the ignition in the "on" position the anti theft light never went off like it was supposed to so i am guessing i did this wrong. can anyone help me with bypassing the system this way?