Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

98 chevy 15oo express

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2009, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 98 chevy 15oo express

Have had passlock issues for sometime,two years ago i replaced the pcm from a crank no start issue,when i changed out pcm did allow van to star up and run,had scan tool on the van then it read p1336 ckp learn we where unable to clear that code but vehicle ran so really figured everything ok,had maybe three no start issues since,but doing a key relearn always worked till now.Vehicle just cranks with the scan tool i was getting a cam correlation sensor so i changed out cam sensor to no avial,still no start just p1336 error by talking to a chevy mechanic he suggested ignition control module changed that no help,i do have spark,can here fuel pump working,but scan tool is reading no pulse width,which i believe is the passlock disabling fuel delivery.Heard i could by-pass the passlock by cutting the pass lock yellow wire and simply installing a toggle switch,has this worked for anyone,and my main concern is will this work without the vehicle running,any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated getting costly