Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

99 Silverado No radio LOC code or INOP code

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2013, 9:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 99 Silverado No radio LOC code or INOP code

I just purchased a 99 Silverado 2 days ago and my lovely brother decided to check all my fuses. In the process he removed the RADIO fuse. Now I have no radio. No big deal, I will just get the codes, right..? Well here is my problem : There are no LOC or INOP messages displayed on the radio. If I hold down the hr & mm buttons the clock will appear and that's it. I can change the time and that is it, press any other button and the clock turns off. I went through the "hold down pre-sets 1 - 4" process and I get nothing on the display (totally blank) The radio did work before my lovely brother pulled the fuse.

Any help would be greatly appreciative.
Old August 27th, 2013, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio code

I was told when I bought my silverado that if I forgot my code to reset radio to work, I could take it to chevy dealership and they could access it for you and then you can set your new code. Be sure and write it down somwhere and put it in file for future reference. Hope that helps you out!