Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:26 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Alarm goes off when opening with key

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2011, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm goes off when opening with key

No. I thought I had found a solution but the next time I tried it the alarm went off. The solution was to unlock the door with the key then lock it then unlock it then open the door.

This problem has just shown up recently. I have had the Suburban for 8 years. I had removed the drivers side door panel to work on the speaker a few weeks before. Maybe a wire got broken. I haven't removed the door panel to check.

The one person before you said that this is normal but I don't think so. I looked at the manual and it says that you can use the FOB or the key to open the door without the alarm going off.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks.
Old June 20th, 2012, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem which just started a few days ago - alarm goes off when door either dvr or pass door unlocked with key, if unlocked with fob the alarm does not go off. I believe the fix you used turns off the alarm, I want to keep the alarm operational.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I have tried resetting the alarm, disconnect the battery, and change the door lock settings with no effect.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:41 AM
CF Beginner

Default problem went away

I ended up removing the door panel to work on the speaker again. When I put everything back together the problem when away. I can open the doors using only a key without the alarm going off. I would remove the door panels and make sure all the wiring and connectors look good.
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the reply, I will go over the connections with dielectric grease, hopefully that will fix it.